«Задание 1. Определите по грамматическим признакам, какой частью речи являются слова, оформленные окончанием –s, и какую функцию это окончание выполняет т.е. служит ли оно ...»
Задание 1. Определите по грамматическим признакам, какой частью речи являются слова, оформленные окончанием –s, и какую функцию это окончание выполняет т.
е. служит ли оно
показателем 3-го лица единственного числа глагола Present Simple,
признаком множественного числа имени существительного или
показателем притяжательного падежа имени существительного.
If the vibrations are chaotic, prediction becomes impossible.
Economic system reflects a nation’s environmental resources.
The Government analyzes the performance of the country’s economy.
The company’s numerous errors contributed (способствовать) to the cable’s malfunction (дисфункция).
Задание 2 распознайте причастие I и II, определите функцию.
1. They are working with existing materials, looking for ways to preserve holograms londer.
2. All planets detected so far are gas giants lacking a solid surface.
3. When questioned, the secretary denied knowledge of it.
4. Developing nations will rely primarily on fossil fuels for industrialization.
5. Improved combustion processes and emission controls are needed.
6. Having finished the experiment, the students left the laboratory.
Задание 3. Найдите в предложениях глагол-сказуемое и определите его видо-временную форму в активном или пассивном залоге (Active Voise, Passive Voise).
1. Now we are determining the chemical structure of some hydrogels.
2. They will be reporting on these techniques elsewhere.
3. In about 1979 Philip Holmes gave a lecture on his research into chaotic dynamics.
4. We had been working as this problem for four or five years before it suddenly became quite popular.
5. Fluids flowing through tubes often cause vibrations.
6. The researchers have given little thought to basic business problems.
7. This Bill was introduced into Parliament in 1989,
8. These problems have been treated more successfully in the US and Japan.
9, The street plan will have been interpreted as consensus in favour of highways.
10. The book is offered as a student text, and it will serve this purpose well.
11. The bullet is constantly being pressed down by gravity.
12. By 1958, the U.S. had begun to consume more fuel of various kinds than it produced.
Задание 4. Выделите в каждом из предложений модальный глагол или эквивалент.
1. This book ought to be compulsory reading for students studying artificial intelligence.
2. Water use must be carefully managed on a global basis.
3. A dynamic system can become chaotic.
4. Engineers and management had to overcome many problems.
5. Visitors of a conference will be able to watch simulated cyber-attacks.
6. The tube may vibrate but it won't break.
7. This centre is to provide service for military aircraft.
Задание 5 Прочтите текст. Найдите и переведите
-слова с окончанием -s/-'s,
-цепочки слов (левое определение),
-прилагательные в сравнительной и превосходной степени и сравнительные конструкции,
-структуру there be,
-модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты.
2. Выпишите, проанализируйте и переведите сказуемое (10).
First Wright Brothers' Flight
From 1900 to 1902 the Wright brothers tested a series of gliders at Kill Devil Hills, a location chosen primarily for its steady winds.
For many people, December 17-th, may have seemed like another winter morning in North Carolina- but for Orville and Wilbur Wright, it was a perfect day to fly. On that clear day in 1903, the Wrights successfully tested their newest invention: a flyer with a four-cylinder engine. During the first flight, the craft was only air-born for 12 seconds and travelled 120 feet, but three even more successful flights followed later that day, and what the brothers have achieved would forever change the world: the first controlled, powered flight in a heavier than air flying machine.
The Wrights' hometown of Dayton, Ohio, acknowledger their accomplishment (свершение) in June, 1909 with a two-day celebration that included parades, a bunquet, medal-granting, ceremonies, and fireworks. Although Orville and Wilbur were modest (and unaccustomed to such accolades), it was clear that fame was bound (обязательно) to be a part of their life. Their friend and aviation expert Octave Chanute wrote to them:"I know that the reception of such honors becomes oppressive to modest men, but in this case you have brought the trouble upon yourselves by completing the solution of a world-old problem".
A stamp, issued in May 22, 2003, in Dayton, Ohio, commemorates the centennial of the Wrigts' incredible accomplishment. It depicts Orville at the controls of the Wright flyer.
-Forum, 2004, vol.42,№1,p.57.