«Проверочный тест по английскому языку в 10 классе за 1 полугодие ( УМК - Кузовлев В.П. и др.) I. Choose the correct variant. 1. In the UK the _ is the official ...»
Проверочный тест по английскому языку в 10 классе за 1 полугодие
( УМК - Кузовлев В.П. и др.)
I. Choose the correct variant.
1. In the UK the ___________ is the official head of the state.
a) Prime minister
b) monarch c) President
2.__________________________ makes laws, is elected by people.
a) The House of Lords
b) The House of Commons c) the Parliament
3. The government in the UK represents _____________________ branch of power.
b) legislative c) judicial4. In the USA the President _______________ federal judges.
a) appoints b) ignores c) dismisses
II. Read the text « How Much Power the US President Have? »
The USA is a presidential republic. So, the President is the head of state there.
But the President is elected directly by the people and he is not a member of the American Parliament, Congress.
Congress, the legislative branch of the federal government, is made up of the Senate and the House of Representatives. There are 100 senators, two for each state. The House has 435 members, the number of Representatives from each state depends on its population. Congress makes all laws and each house of Congress can introduce a new project. Each can vote against the project passed by the other. If both houses agree and the President signs it, the project becomes law.
The President and his administration represent the executive branch of the federal government. The President appoints the Secretaries but the Senate must approve his appointments.
III. Tick if the sentences below are true or false:
1 The president represents the legislative branch of power. 2 In the Senate, each state is represented by 4 or 5 members. 3 The project can become a law, only if the President signs it. 4 The secretaries are elected directly by people. 5 The President isn`t a member of Congress. IV. Transform the word on the right:
1. A good politician should use his power for ________________ the situation in the country. ( improve)
2. Mass media _______________ to be the fourth branch of power. (consider)
3. The Queen has mostly _____________________ functions. ( present)
1b 2b 3a 4a
II, Reading the text
1F 2F 3T 4F 5T
1. improving 2. considers 3. representative.
1. Английский язык. Готовимся к ЕГЭ. Контрольные задания к учебнику для 10 – 11 классов общеобразовательных учреждений/ В.П. Кузовлев, В.Н.Симкин, Ю.Н. Балабардина и др. – М., «Просвещение» 2006 г.
2. Английский язык. Рабочая тетрадь 10 – 11 классы – 13 издание. Авторы: В.П. Кузовлев и др. – М., « Просвещение» 2014 г.