«Урок английского языка для 7 класса. Тема: «ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION» /«Защита окружающей среды»/. Абрамова Надежда Геннадьевна, учитель английского языка, МОУ школа № 6 г.Новоалтайск. ...»
Урок английского языка для 7 класса. Тема: «ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION» /«Защита окружающей среды»/.
Абрамова Надежда Геннадьевна,
учитель английского языка, МОУ школа № 6
Цель урока: развитие учебно-коммуникативных умений по теме: «ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION» на английском языке.
- формирование интереса к экологическим проблемам и умение высказываться по-английски по теме «ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION»;
- актуализация лексики по теме «ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION»;
- совершенствование умения чтения вслух и про себя;
- обучение изучающему чтению;
- активизация лексики по речевым видам деятельности – чтение, говорение, аудирование, письмо;
- подготовка учащихся к устному высказыванию по теме «ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION»;
- обучение учащихся работе в сотрудничестве, в коллективе.
- развитие умения монологической речи;
- развитие логического мышления, памяти, внимания;
- развитие умение сопоставлять, давать оценку, выражать своё мнение на английском языке.
- воспитывать чувство ответственности за сопричастность к проблемам экологии;
- воспитывать интерес к экологическим проблемам, бережное отношение к окружающей среде;
-воспитывать умение выслушивать собеседника, вежливому реагированию в различных ситуациях общения;
Оборудование: компьютер, презентация учащихся к уроку “ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION”, плакаты, раздаточный материал: карточки, тексты, упражнения. Ход урока
I. Организационный момент. Приветствие. Знакомство с темой.
Teacher: The topic of today’s lesson is “Environmental Protection”. The problem of our lesson is the global situation in ecology and what we can do with it.
We’ll try to discuss some environmental problems in Russia.
II. Основная часть урока.
1. Повторение лексики: (учащиеся смотрят задания на экране)
(Environment, ecology, pollution, overcrowding, destruction, resources, exhaust, extinct, cause, habitat, littering, living things)
THE TASK is to read the meaning and guess the word:
1) The scientific study of the natural relations of plants, animals, people. (Ecology.)2) The act of making air, water, land dangerously impure. (Pollution.)3) Too many people in one place. (Overcrowding.)4) The act of destroying, putting an end to the existence of something. (Destruction.)5) The act of throwing things away untidily. (Littering.)6) Plants, animals, people. (Living things.)7) The natural home of a plant or animal. (Habitat.)
8) Surroundings, circumstances and influences. (Environment.)9) Something which can help in doing something that can be turned to for support and help. (Resources.)10) To use something up completely. (Exhaust.)11) No longer in existence; having died out. (Extinct.)12) That which produces an effect or event. (Cause.)
2. Активизация лексики.
Teacher: Who would like to fill in the blanks?
( protect, home, keep, pointed out, environment)
The Earth is our (… ). We must take care of it. The importance of this task is (…)
by the ecologists, scientists, who study the relations between living things and their (…). Each of us must do everything possible to (…) the land, air and water clean. Of course, people undertake some measures to (…) the environment, but this activity is complicated by the economic difficulties.
3. Расширение темы.
Teacher: There is a nice saying on the blackboard today. Will you read and translate?
Pupil: «We don’t own the Earth; we have borrowed it from the future generation».
Teacher: What does it mean? (на доске написаны опорные словосочетания):
(“take care of…”, “think only about today”, “keep…for your children”).
Teacher: Still the developing human civilization harms the environment.
Animals are in danger. Why? Why do people kill them?
Pupil 1: They kill animals because they consider them dangerous.
Pupil 2: They kill animals for fur and trunks to make clothes and ornaments.
Pupil 1: Just for sport.
Pupil 2: For medicine.
Teacher: Will you tell us about the animals who are in danger today? (Выступления учащихся, проверка д/з)
ABOUT RHINOS. I found out about the dangers rhinos face through a nature documentary on TV. Rhinos live in eastern and southern Africa. They weigh from three to five tones and can reach a speed of around 45 kilometers per hour. Although it is illegal, hunters kill them for their horns, which are very valuable.
Now they are in danger of becoming extinct. I think that rhinos should be bred in captivity until they can live safely in the wild, and people must stop buying products made from rhino.
GREEN-CHEEKED PARROTS. I first learnt about green-cheeked parrots at school. They are usually found in Mexico and are really good at coping people’s voices. In the last twenty years, many have been smuggled across the border to the USA, to be sold as pets. People value them as pets because they are attractive and have amusing personalities. Green-cheeked parrots are difficult to breed, so the species is slowly dying out. In my opinion, people should only buy parrots which have been bred in captivity. Then the green-cheeked parrot could be left in the wild, where it would have a better chance of survival.
FRESHWATER TURTLES. Here at WWF, we’re trying to save this species of turtle, which is the largest freshwater turtle in North America. In fact, it is facing extinction because it’s killed for its meat. Snapping-turtle meat is often used in soups or sold in restaurants. Alligator snapping turtles only breed once a year. We believe that if people stopped buying these turtles as pets and stopped eating snapping-turtle soup, the turtles would have a chance to breed and survive.
4. Работа с текстом: “ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION”.
The poisoning of the world’s land, air and water is one of the most important problems of our civilization. The seas are in danger. Many companies dump chemical and nuclear waste into water. The Mediterranean is already nearly dead; the North Sea is following. The Aral Sea is on the brink of extinction. Half of the lakes in the world are polluted. If nothing is done about it, one day nothing will be able to live in the seas.
Air pollution is also a very serious problem. Because many factories release sulfates into the air. When the sulfates mix with the clouds, acid rains fall and harm all living creatures. In Cairo just to breathe the air is like smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. Mexico City and 600 cities of Russia have dirty air. This causes different diseases. Because of different kinds of pollution every ten minutes one kind of animal, plant or insect dies out forever.
People begin to realize that environmental problems are our problem. These are a lot of international green organizations that take care of the environment and “Green Peace” is one of the most active. Many governments are waking up and making strict laws against pollution. Scientists are trying to make factories and plants cleaner. In many countries there are big plans to clean up the water. And every person must do his best to help our planet survive.
5. Teacher: There is a test. Complete the sentences using the right word:
1. Environmental protection is an ________________________problem.
2. Factories pour a lot of______________into air and water:
a) a shortage;
3. What caused the ________________of wildlife:a) destruction;
4. Many rivers and lakes are_____________________:
5. Many scientists try_____________________ecology problems:
a) to solve;
b) to know;
c) to protect;
6. Teacher: What do we need to do to keep our planet clean?
Pupil 1: We need to save our water, to keep it clean and healthy so people, plants and animals will always have some to drink. It’s very important for us to stop making acid rain. Everyone can help keep our air clean and safe. Everybody can help stop greenhouse effect by using less energy, protecting and planting trees.
Pupil 2: Scientists are very concerned about the ozone layer, because a lot of it has gone away in just a few years. So it’s very important that we learn to do something about it. We can all help to stop the ozone layer from disappearing!
7. Teacher: Everybody understands that it is necessary to undertake some measures in order to save our planet, to make our cities safe to live in, to make water in rivers clean to drink it.
Now, please, take your copybooks and write some sentences to answer the following question: What would you do to improve the situation if you were the leader of your country?
Possible answers: 1) If I were the leader of my country I would stop logging companies from destroying the rain forest and make them to plant new trees.
2) If I were the leader of my country I wouldn’t allow hunters to kill endangered species.
3) If I were the leader of my country I would create special parks where these animals could live safely.
8. Teacher: What can you say about the environmental situation in our city? (Pupils’ answers)
III. Заключительная часть урока. Подведение итогов. Рефлексия.
Teacher: (1) What can we do to keep the Earth clean and healthy?
(2) What should be done to change the existing situation?
( 3) Please, complete the following sentences:
1) Try not to buy pre-packaged food because…
(it creates a lot of rubbish).
2) Use less washing up liquid because…
(it pollutes the seas and rivers).
3) Use public transport because…
(cars pollute the air).
4) Never light fires in forests because…
(trees will burn).
5) Do not drop rubbish in the streets because…
(it looks horrible, use rubbish bins).
6) Do not throw plastic bottles into the sea because…
(fish will die).
Домашнее задание: написать сочинение на тему «Пути решения экологических проблем в современном мире для сохранения жизни на земле». (180 слов)
Teacher: Write a composition on the theme “The ways of solving the ecological problems in the modern world for saving the life on the Earth”. (Your composition must contain 180 words.)